This decadent mousse is sure to finish off any meal with the kind of silence that you only experience when your guests are really enjoying their food... and beer - don't forget beer. Pair this with a Kriek or a Chocolate Stout for that extra touch of decadence.
300g Dark Chocolate (min 70% solids) broken into pieces
8 egg whites
6 egg yolks
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Add the chocolate pieces and gently melt, stirring occasionally. Remove and allow to cool slightly
- Separate the eggs into two clean bowls
- Beat the egg yolks with a whisk until pale and doubled in volume
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks
- Using a metal spoon or spatula, gently fold the egg yolks and whites into the chocolate mixture ensuring that you don’t over-mix (you want to make sure the mousse is light and airy)
- Divide the mousse into individual serving glasses or one large bowl and chill for at least 3 hours
15 minutes before serving, remove the mousse from the fridge and top with a dollop of mascarpone and mint leaves.
Back to top