This spring time salad is perfect for highlighting fresh seasonal vegetables like courgette. This is great as a summer salad or to accompany grilled meat or fish at a BBQ.
Courgette, pea shoot and pine nut salad
4 Medium courgettes (yellow and green)
300g Feta cheese
1tsp Dried chilli flakes
1 Large handful of fresh mint, leaves torn
100g Pea shoots (or watercress)
5 tbsp Good quality olive oil
1/2 lemon Juice and zest
60g Toasted pine nuts
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the courgette into thin ribbon strips using a speed peeler or a Japanese mandolin, place into a large bowl
- Sprinkle over the feta cheese, chilli flakes, mint, and pea shoots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest and olive oil.
- Pour over the dressing and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and tip onto a platter.
- Garnish with the toasted pine nuts and extra chilli for more heat
Back to top