Britain’s Beer Alliance is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy explains how we will handle the personal information you give us, why we collect such information and what we learn about you from your visit to our Website. By using this Website, you signify your assent to this policy. If you do not agree with this policy, you must immediately stop using this Website. Britain’s Beer Alliance is registered on the public register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner. We work strictly in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended)
- CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We reserve the right, at our complete discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this policy at any time and any changes will be notified to you using the e-mail address you have given us or by an announcement on this Website.
Your continued use of this Website, following the posting of changes to these terms, will mean you accept these changes.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
On certain areas of this Website, we may provide links to third party websites. This policy only applies to the Website (www.beerforthat.com) and not to any other website which may be linked to our Website. This policy does not describe information collection practices on other websites, including those linked to or from this Website. These links are provided as a convenience to you, however please be aware that we do not control the third parties or their websites and those third parties will have a different policy which applies to information that you may provide when you are on those third parties’ websites. You should read the privacy policies of all websites carefully before providing personally identifiable information.
- ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to see the information we hold about you and to get mistakes corrected. If at any time you wish to update or correct any personally identifiable information you have provided, or you no longer wish us to collect, use or disclose any personally identifiable information for the purposes described below, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details given at the end of this policy.
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHER JURISDICTION
Any personal information that you provide us may be transferred to jurisdictions other than the UK. By submitting your information to us, you are consenting to us transferring the information to such other jurisdictions. The privacy laws which will govern the use of the information in such other jurisdictions may not be considered as rigorous in preventing the disclosure of personal information as the UK privacy laws. That said, we will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose the personal information you provide to anyone outside of the Britain’s Beer Alliance group companies (or any successors in title to our business) and their advertising and promotional agencies and consultants, except in those instances where you give us express permission to share this information with specific third parties. Please note that subject to applicable data privacy legislation, we will also disclose your personal information if we believe we are required to do so to comply with any law, regulation, court order, or legal or government request. In the unlikely event that all or part of our business is acquired by a third party, your information will be transferred to the new corporate owner. Without assuming any obligation to do so, we also reserve the right to collect and share any information we deem necessary to investigate or take action in connection with suspected fraud, illegal activities, possible harm to persons or property, to protect ourselves or one or more of our users or their heirs, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Finally please keep in mind that certain areas of our Website may be interactive in nature, and may allow you to post information that other users can see. If you do not wish to have information viewed publicly, please do not use those portions of the Website.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED AND THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH IT IS COLLECTED
We collect personal information on our users in two ways:
- - through registration and information that we request that you enter on certain pages on the website; and / or
- - through cookies (for more information about cookies, please see below).
- We may ask you for your name, age, street address, city, postcode, mobile telephone number, email address, comments, suggestions or other information relating to our website, our products or services, or the company. In addition, other specific types of information may be requested in connection with contests, sweepstakes, other promotional offers or other marketing efforts. Our purpose in gathering this personal information is to:
- - use it within Britain’s Beer Alliance as we continue to work on aiding reappraisal of the beer category
- - contact you to notify you that you have been selected as a winner of a competition
- - send you details if you are a winner of or to confirm your entry to future competitions or events; or
- - send you current mailings or other marketing information about our brands and our companies in which we think you would be interested through e-mail/mail/SMS messaging (if you have given us permission to do so when you have registered with us.)
- If there are purposes other than those identified above, Britain’s Beer Alliance will identify the purposes for which it wishes to collect your personal information at or before the time the information is collected or before using your personal information for a purpose not previously identified.
Britain’s Beer Alliance and its agents will retain your personal information only as long as necessary for fulfillment of the purposes described above or as required by law. You will be able to unsubscribe from receiving marketing information from us, by simply texting back “stop” or emailing back “Unsubscribe” at any time to any text marketing message or by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the e-mail marketing we send to you. Alternatively, you may send us a request using the contact details at the bottom of this policy.
Please note that if you opt not to receive promotional messages from us, we will still continue to send you information that relates to any account you may hold with us, or any business relationship you may have with us, such as a request you have made for or about our goods and services (such as transactional messages about competitions which you may have entered).
We make sure that all the information we hold on you is stored securely on our servers and we will always follow strict security procedures in storing, using and sharing the information you give us, in order to prevent unauthorised access to it. We also encourage you to take appropriate measures to protect yourself, including, for example, keeping all user names and passwords confidential.
- DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We want to be very clear: we do not obtain personal information about you other than that which you choose to provide, and we will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose the personal information you provide to anyone outside of the Britain’s Beer Alliance group companies (or any successors in title to our business) and their advertising and promotional agencies and consultants, except in those instances where you give us express permission to share this information with specific third parties.
- LEGAL DRINKING AGE/ CHILDREN ON OUR WEBSITE
This Website is not intended for or directed to individuals who are not of legal drinking age in their country of residence, including children under 18. We do not knowingly collect any information from such individuals. Parents, if you believe your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
If, at any time, you have any requests or queries concerning this policy or want to update your details, please contact us at:
British Beer and Pub Association, Ground Floor, Aldermanbury Square, London, EC2V 7HR or you can send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our website.
Effective Date: This policy was last updated on 29th Oct 2014
Back to top